The purpose of the National Center for the Prevention of Community Violence’s School Safety Center is to provide a comprehensive, effective approach to address school safety and prevent violence on campuses.
With its school safety assessments, crisis response planning, and critical incident planning resources, the center is dedicated to interrupting the process of violence before it becomes a tragic event for students, teachers, and staff.
The School Safety Center focuses on all areas of potential violence for campuses, with on-site premise and policy reviews, best-practice training, and technical assistance to implement and address these issues.
School Safety Center team members will work on site with school officials and key community individuals and organizations to create an violence-free environment and to prepare all stakeholders on how to respond when a crisis arises or becomes a critical incident.
School Safety Programs
- ProText My School: Technology and Training
- School Safety Audits: Technical Assistance
- School Crisis Planning: Technical Assistance
- School Critical Incident Planning: Technical Assistance
- School Safety: Training Course
- Identifying and Dealing with the Aggressive Student
- Preventing the School Weapon Incident
- The P.I.E.R. De-Escalation for Building Safe and Inclusive Campuses
- These are Not Your Bullies: Solutions for Saving our Children from Today’s Bullies
NCPCV States Currently Served
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia